Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orangepunkins

Aquarium Advice Activist
I need some advise on what brand aquarium heater is good. I have a 75 gal and right now my heater is marine land one not sure of the wattage. I do know it is good up to 75 gal. It is a glass one. At night it drops about 2 degrees. I have a set of discus that I want to keep their temp. I going to up my temp today because somewhere between last night and this morning it dropped from 81 to 79. Not good I know. So I need to replace it. It is a vertical one and I want to stay away from those. I want a fully under water one. Thank u

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Iv always used Fluval heaters I have 3 300w heaters in my sump had them over a year never had a problem with them. Only problem I use to have with my old tank was my turtles use to hit them all the time but they did take a beating. I think you'd need a 300w heater. But I'm no expert.

I also found Interpet heaters good. Never had a Eheim one so cant say tend to keep away from them as had a bad experience with one of there external filters flooding my room years ago. But that's just me as I said Im no expert.

Eheim jager is my preferred in-tank heater.

If you have a canister filter than I like the in-line Hydor Eth.

I use Colbalt Neo-Therms.

It's your tank, but I wouldn't get too concerned about a 2 degree change in temperature.

Here is a stupid question so please go easy on my question. If I run 2 heaters in the tank will the water be hotter ex: 80 degrees from 1 and 80 from the other equals 160. Or will they both run till the tank gets 80 degrees and shut off. This is a really stupid question I know...

Here is a stupid question so please go easy on my question. If I run 2 heaters in the tank will the water be hotter ex: 80 degrees from 1 and 80 from the other equals 160. Or will they both run till the tank gets 80 degrees and shut off. This is a really stupid question I know...

As long as they both have thermostats on them which most do they will shut-off when they reach the target temp. I always recommend using an external controller with multiple heaters unless they are both sized for the whole tank. Otherwise they will often end up in a situation where they are turning on and off very often because the thermostats are unlikely to be precisely synchronized. If it is purely for redundancy then set one a few degrees lower than the other so it doesn't come on unless the other one fails to.

Thank u so much for the info. It has really helped me. I'm going to try to find the thermostat that will run the heaters together. Thank u again!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom