Heaters - stealth stick type

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Feron

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi people!
Yet another question..
When I got my whole setup, I got a stealth 200w heater with it.
It's recommended by the LFS to put it in my wet dry...but it won't fit..
I was wondering if it'll do the trick in the tank, or if I should buy a smaller one to put down in the wet dry to help keep the temp constant..
(90g tank)

thanks as always!

it will work fine. they just said that so you would not have to look at it. just make sure to have good flow around it. some people use two in order to cause a convection current in order to distribute the temperature more evenly.
actualy, i just saw the size of the tank. i would suggest using two of the 200 watt heaters in order to regulate the temp. better. thats a large tank for a 200 watt heater.

I say that it would be better in the sump so as not to kill snails that get on it while its off then burn them badly when it comes on. Plus you`ll get a more steady heat coming up from the sump instead of it just heating an area of your tank. IMO

Problem is that it won't fit in the sump with the skimmer, main pump and foam block to diffuse the bubbles...
In theory I could cut a small amount from the foam block and it'd take the place of the missing piece? (is about an inch n a half too long to be totally covered by my wet/dry bio-bucky-balls)

-edit-
I assume the thing has to be totally submerged... if not, then it's all gold I guess...
already ordered another to make sure... (heard they can go out easily, never hurts to have a spare either way)

Yes that is what I had to do is cut a small square under the sponge so it would slide under

Back
Top Bottom