Heeeellllpppp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PJFISH

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm cleaning my Aquaclear 70, and I remove the media basket and there to my surprise are about 10 shrimp and a female Endler's ! All alive! What do I do to prevent this from happening again! Please help!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sponge over intake tube!
It should help to reduce filter cleaning also as wringing out the spongeis quick and easy.
The shrimp will probably learn to hang out on the sponge as it is a food magnet!

Sponge over intake tube!
It should help to reduce filter cleaning also as wringing out the spongeis quick and easy.
The shrimp will probably learn to hang out on the sponge as it is a food magnet!

You mean on the outside of the tube, or inside of it? How do I attach it? Thanks!!!

Thanks! For now I'm trying a smaller AC sponge that I poked a hole through, so that only the bottom portion of the intake is showing. Hope it will work until I can order what you showed! Hope it doesn't burn out the motor!

I have pre-filter sponges on my AquaClears, mostly to keep sand and dirt out of my filters. I haven't ruined a motor since I got them. Before they were always clogging.

~ Sent with an unladen European swallow

I have pre-filter sponges on my AquaClears, mostly to keep sand and dirt out of my filters. I haven't ruined a motor since I got them. Before they were always clogging.

~ Sent with an unladen European swallow

Thanks, so far so good! I'm still going to shop for a real one instead of my homemade job!

Go to Petsmart.. Get the top fin internal 10 or 20 sponge filters "they are replacement sponges for these internal filters" Get whichever one fits best over your intake tube.. Most likely the 10. These sponges have a cut out where you can put carbon in them and so forth.. so its perfect to fit over intake tubes. Then get one of those bread wire twisty things and tie it around the tube to hold it on.

Here isa picture of what mine looks like

img_3248458_0_f48163de9aac05d148e68a15b3bba855.jpg

Back
Top Bottom