Hello from Pensacola, FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BarleyBear

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm new to this forum, so thought I'd say hello. I just got a Fluval Edge 12 gal this week, and I'm very thrilled to be keeping an aquarium again. My last aquarium was 50 gal, and it was gorgeous until Hurricane Ivan hit and we were without power for several weeks and everything died. I haven't had an aquarium since then, so I'm happy to be back in the swing of things.

I'm going to go explore some threads now.

--Chris

Welcome! Thinking of hurricanes and fish, a friend of mine had a really interesting story from Katrina. One of his friends had a saltwater tank before the storm, and when they went into the house to assess the damage, they found the tank sitting on the floor, intact, with the fish swimming about looking to be fed. The stand, however, was nowhere to be found. Only later did they realize the strange pulp all over the living room was the remains of the particleboard stand, which had apparently dissolved slowly enough to sink the tank to the ground.

Back
Top Bottom