Hello from Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ivy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Its been 20 years since I had my own tank. I currently own a 20g freshwater tank. I wish I would have followed my gut regarding fishless cycling, but was talked into the alternative by a local aquarist. So I am currently at 0 amm and nitrite spikes doing 25% h2o changes every other day and waiting it out. I have 2 zebra danios (one didn't make the ammonia stage), and 1 panda cory (same on ammonia stage) and 3 ghost shrimp. After the cycle is over I plan to get one more danio and at least 2 more cories. My poor cory thinks he is a danio and schools with them for now. Its really strange. Due to the fact that I have a live planted tank, I also have pond snails. I have hard water, which they love, so I am cultivating them into a 2.5g tank for my future Masters Thesis research. I also have a beta tank. I look forward to meeting and learning from all of you

Welcome Ivy. You are not alone with the cycling. That's how I ended up here. A great group with a lot of help. Glad for another Betta keeper. I have two and am growing very fond of them. I've run out of room for more or I'd probably be over run with them.
Karen.

Glad to know I am not alone, but not glad you have to go through that too.:) It will be nice getting to know everyone here...

Ivy
Welcome.
Where do you reside?
A lot of Texans think the town I live in is the "armpit of Texas"

El Paso

Charles

I've never been to el paso, but the friends I have there like it a lot. I currently live on Fort Hood, think thats a good nine hours. lol

Hope the weather is better in El Paso today than it is here :D

Hope the weather is better in El Paso today than it is here :D

Ivy
I gravel vacced and tested tank water earlier.
I just went to Wally world to pick up some "grandson supplies"
you know an actionfigure, Doritos, etc.

It's a little cool out. But when I pick him up at kindergarted this afternoon, it'll be nice kite flying weather.

Have a super great day
Charles

Back
Top Bottom