Hello, newb novice here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DesktopTankDiva

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone,

I am new to the aquarium hobby, I've had only one other tank, many years ago. I like small desktop tanks...my last tank was a 6 gallon and my current tank is 3.5 gallons. I am aware that the capacity is limiting, but I prefer a tank with a lot of artificial silk-like plants, a few live plants, and just 2 or 3 tiny fish.

I have always perfomed fishless cycles and my current tank is in the cycling process. I used Dr. Tim's ammonia, I have SeaChem Prime, as well as SeaChem Stability. I test my water with API freshwater kit. I have a Cobalt Neo Therm heater, and although the aquarium was a kit and has its own filter cartridges, I purchased SeaChem Purigen as well as Fluval BioMax filter media. I'm unsure how I can use these two items, perhaps someone will have suggestions.

I initially thought about getting a Betta, but I love Guppies and Endler's and I am leaning toward those. Ideally I'd like to have 3 male Endler's, but since they're increasingly difficult to find I may decide on 2 male Guppies. I have purchased Cobalt Nano Pellets Guppy food, Fluval Bug Bites Tropical, and ZooMed's Betta freeze dried Dial A Treat. The retailer that I ordered food from was kind enough to enclose several samples of Northfin pellets as well.

I feel like it is taking forever for my tank to cycle, I try to use suggestions I read from forums but advice varies greatly. I do not personally know anyone with an aquarium so forums and the internet is my only source of information.

I joined this forum because a lot of the posts seem friendly and informative. I previously joined a forum and was criticized on everything from my potential choice of fish to the heater I chose. I gave detailed information about my cycling when I asked for advice, and I did not receive one response regarding my cycling questions. I look forward to this forum as it seems helpful and friendly.

Nice to meet you all!
DesktopD :)

Back
Top Bottom