Hello to All from a Newbie in Birmingham (U.K)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish-fingers

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi

As the title says I'm a newbie to keeping fish & hope to pick up some advice that could get me going. I have just placed an order of The Juwel Rekord 800 aquarium. I have also been doing research on the Cycling of the tank & have decided to go ahead with the fishless cycle. The Aquarium should be here on Wednesday I don't mind waiting for the aquarium to be cycled for 4-6 weeks as long as I get it done correctly before I put the fish in. I have not decided on the fish as of yet but will do once the cycling gets closer as to when the Ammonia & Nitrites go down to 0ppm and Nitrates to around 20ppm. The Aquarium is 110ltrs which 24.1966 Gallons I think:huh: which correct me if i'm wrong is a good size to start off with. Anyways hope everyone is having a good time with there fish keeping as I can't wait to get my aqaurium up and running plus looking forward to the challenge take care & bye for now.

fish-fingers

Hi All

Just got Delivery of my New Juwel Rekord 800 110litre Aquarium. I have just finished putting the Background on and setting up the pump, heater, and the filter system. All I need now is to put in more Gravel. I wanted to ask if I need to wash the Gravel before I put it in to the tank? I did purchase it from an Aquarium Warehouse:banghead:

Attachments

• IMG_2187.jpg
    IMG_2187.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2188.jpg
    IMG_2188.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2189.jpg
    IMG_2189.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom