hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenhoang

Aquarium Advice Newbie
well... i started getting into fish and aquarium about 3 years ago when i asked my wife out by buying her a baby turtle. i set up a small tank for it. and eventually bought a 55 gallon tank about a year later.
beginning of this year i made a pond outside my yard for the turtle.... (5x10x4ft pond, all handmade, very proud of myself here.) so now Coin, turtle's name, has a new home. not so sure what to do with the old 55 gallon tank, we decided to buy some fishes... started out with some small colorful fish. which was fine for the first month, until my wife brought home a fish that was given to her by a friend... next day the new fish ate all of my small fish... With 1 fish left, i didnt really bother much about the tank beside regular water change. up till about 3 months ago when i stopped by a petsmart near me.... saw that they have some Oscar tiger fish... A fish , that to my childhood memories, was a awesome awesome fish... (my granddad had a 10X15X1m pond in his yard, and all he had was these awesome oscar fish)... because of that, i decided to own some myself. Big mistake... with out any knowledge and research about the fish, i bought 4. one of them die a week after i got it. (was alrd sick when i got them). the other 3 are quite healthy right now. but they all grow differently in size. smallest is about 3.5 inches, medium is about 5 and the biggest on is at 6.4 inches.... i have grown quite fond of these fish. So i have a few questions i want to ask. so yeah... here i am...
sorry for a long, unorganized introduction... also excused my typing mistake. English isnt my first langue

Welcome! For mor whelp post a thread under the general discussion in the freshwater section. Those oscars are going to need a 225g tank just for them. Also what was the other big fish you had?

I can only have a 125g tank max.. So i am looking to see if anyone wants any oscar fish

Back
Top Bottom