Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juliaperry

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I'm new to this siteBut not new to keeping tropical fish tho I am setting up new currently in week one of cycle fish less but wanted people's opinions on this, what they would do and if say use fish to help with the cycle what fish would be good?,
The reason I have this new tank is my partner and I have a betta or simease fighting fish each in separate bowls and decided to make my life easier but buying a 60lt tank and put a partition half way. So would like tank mates that won't hassle the fighters, I'm really keen on getting dwarf shrimp again and maybe some wood shrimp

Thank you everyone in advance

Hi and welcome! That's about 16 gals, divided in half is about 8 gals each, not large enough to add much particularly not active swimmers like danios or barbs or tetras. I would stick with the betta on each side and try adding some shrimp (some bettas tolerate them, others won't). As for the cycle, you can add the fish now and do a fish-in cycle. If the bettas are in smaller bowls now they would do better in a larger volume of water. Here are a couple of articles for you:
I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?! - Aquarium Advice
Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

Welcome to the AA Julia,
As you can see already, there are great people in here willing to help you in your aquarium quest. Join in and enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom