Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ibennett1031

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm a new owner of a 25 gallon hexagon tank. Set up for glofish. However my wife has now turned the "project" over to me. Help!!!! IMG_0013.jpg

I'm a new owner of a 25 gallon hexagon tank. Set up for glofish. However my wife has now turned the "project" over to me. Help!!!! View attachment 295568
Welcome to the forum! You'll find lots of folks here willing to share their experience with you.

As I mentioned in your other thread, it would be a good idea to pick up a test kit (the API Master test kit is an excellent one) to check the key water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph) that are essential to fish health. The tests are pretty easy to do: basically, you put some of your tank water into a test tube, add a certain number of drops of a reagent, and check the results against a color chart they give you (the only one that's kind of a pain is the nitrate test -- you have to shake the living daylights out of the second of two reagent bottles before you add it to the water).

Welcome, there are several varieties of fish for the Glofish. Look at the kind you have and see what they need. Based upon their kind, as in number of fellow kind of fish amount of room needed, (not their glo color) like Black Skirt Tetra, Zebra Dannio and Tiger Barbs.

Back
Top Bottom