Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saradrian

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I’m new to this whole hobby. My parents died of Covid in July so I took in their fish. They had a terrible little 1.5gal tank that was plugged into an outlet that was constantly shutting off the filter, so I got a 29gal tank for their fish and spoiled them. Now they’re in a 60 gal tank with more friends, it’s now a planted aquarium and I’ve turned the 29gal tank into a planted shrimp tank. This is a very addicting hobby and I have far too much to learn. I’m winging it, trying to keep everyone happy and enjoy it myself.

Hi! Welcome to the forum.
I'm sorry to hear about your parents [emoji17] must be difficult for you x
Your tanks sound great! This hobby can be very addictive!

Thank you, Shellyx. It was, I lost them 3 days apart, just beyond comprehension. Starting this hobby has definitely been a mind occupying hobby, I can say that.

Welcome to the forum! So sorry to hear about your parents :(

It is kind of amazing you've been taking such good care of these fish though. What kind of fish do you currently have?

(And yes, this hobby is addictive haha)

I have:

A60gal tank with
3 black mollies
2 balloon mollies
5 zebra danio
7 neon tetra
5Gold x-ray tetra
2 glofish skirt tetra
2 pleco
2 khuli loach
1 mystery snail

A 29gal shrimp tank with 17 shrimp and 20+ fry that showed up when I had put some of my fish over to eat up some detritus. I’m thinking they’ll be neons.

Back
Top Bottom