Help!!! Albino Buenos Aries Tetras Bullying Each Other?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

milkmaid12

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone!

So I recently went to the store and bought 3 bleeding heart tetras and 3 albino Buenos Aries tetras to add to my 45 gallon tank with my rainbow shark. Everyone seems to be acclimating to each other fine, but the three Buenos Aries tetras are chasing each other and one of them seems to be getting the brunt of the bullying. Is my school not large enough? I also think they might just be establishing natural pecking order as I did just introduce them to the tank yesterday. I just don’t want any dead fish!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Milkmaid 12

Schools need to be around 6 fish, adding extra hiding spots might help until you can get more fish.

How long has your tank been cycled? If it's been a while then adding a couple more will be fine. If you just cycled your tank then wait a week

Update: it’s really just the one fish that is harassing everyone. Will that die down or should I try to swap him for another fish?

Back
Top Bottom