HELP!!!!!! am i doing this right???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blue_neon

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok so i have a 10 gal with two live plants and two dwarf Gouramis(i'm planning on getting two more but i have to go out of town for the ones i want) ...this is my first time having liveplants so i was wondering if i am donig it right and what else might i need to do for them.

Hi there.

You have said that you have 2 live plants, but you have'nt actually said you have a problem. If the plant are healthy and growing you don't have a problem and introduce more.
If you read up on plants you will see that they are like fish, some like hard water and some like soft water. If you get plants for your water conditions you shouldn't go far wrong. It depends how deep you want to go into it Co2, plant fertilizers, plant foods etc. etc.
i wish you luck with your new planted venture.

Hi blue. What kind of plants do you have? Also, what kind of fertilizer are you using, how often, etc. This kind of question will help myself and others give you more advice on whether you are "doing this right". I am new to the live plants as well, but I am eager to learn as much as I can!

Logan from this site recommended at great book to me when I was having live plant problems. It was Aquarium Plant Manual by Ines Scheurmann. I got it for about $5 on the Amazon Marketplace. :D

im not sure what i have but i think that i have a melon sword and a balansae plant or plants that look like that.... i havent got fertilizer yet but i have had the plants for about 4 days and im getting some today....btw i have 3 wpg

Questions

Three wpg sounds ok. What kind of substrate do you have or want to have? How heavy do you want to plant your tank? Some folks like their coverage to be pretty dense, so that's why I ask. If you add CO2, you may not need to use as much fertilizer, so that would be something to think about too.

Back
Top Bottom