Help!<angelfish floating on side

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hummingbird13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good evening I desperately need advise,I came home and found one of my angelfish floating on his side and had a bloated belly it looks like the others picked at his fins during that time.I moved him to a quarantine tank and put a breeding net in upside down and anchored it down to keep him from floating to surface. His stomach is bloated and tries to dive when I reach for him. He has been this way for 3 weeks now. I added epson salt increased temp. All my parameters are good.Will not eat any green peas Holding him in my cupped hand I also gave him blood worms he ate a few then spit them right up. I just added a dose of General Care today. I don’t want to give up on him since he seems to be a fighter but am stuck on what else to do any suggestions are very welcomed

What are the water parameters of the tank
Ammoniaa
NitrIte and
NitrAte
pH
KH/GH
TDS
if you know any of those.

Also if you have an air stone I would add it because of the increase in temperature reduces available Oxygen for the fish. Or you can reduce the water level a couple inches so the water splashes back in, aerating more.

What is the temperature? I wouldn't raise it up maybe if there is a bacterial infection, warmer water speeds bacterial growth.
Information I was reading said it would help with the bloating I don’t know how to fix that. I didn’t think about bacterial growth&#55358;&#56614;&#55356;&#57339;*♀️ . Won’t the general cure medicine I put in take care of that.

It is hard to know what the fish has for sure. Online fish fixing is frequently complicated.
https://apifishcare.com/product/general-cure
I hope this is a cure for the issues. It mentions bloating but also external parasites. But let's see if it helps him. Never like to see a sick fish.

I did my first dose of general cure yesterday. She ate a little for the first time in a week let’s hope for the best. Thank you for your help

Back
Top Bottom