Help angelfishes laud eggs in a commuity filled tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

j0el1212

Aquarium Advice Freak
image-1824563195.jpg

I need help on how do I remove them before they filling hatch also how do I have???? They are in the wiggle stage I'm save that when they fully hatch my other fishes will eat them.

jetajockey said:
If they are wiggling then you can remove them with a turkey baster.

Should I move the parents too???

jetajockey said:
I wouldn't move the parents, just the fry. They are fine in a 10g just keep the water clean and feed them once they are free swimming.

So I don't have to feed them while they in the wiggle stage right??

jetajockey said:
welcome and good luck with them. You might also want to fill the 10g with water from the tank they are in so that water parameters are the same.

Yea it's cycle with the same water.

Thanks I moved them into the 10 gallon I'm so excited this is the 4 time they laid eggs and the 1st time I actually get this close to actually survival. I had 3 other angels laying eggs.

jetajockey said:
Good luck with them. One of my pairs has eggs right now also, I haven't moved them yet but probably will tomorrow.

Thanks.

In my 10 gallon I have fry platy aka Mollies where I put the fry angels I separated them because the mollies are bigger and the angel frys are about to become free swimming soon. I was scare the platies will eat them?

If the fry are small enough to fit in their mouths then they might kill them so I think you are doing the right thing by keeping them separated. Once they get about the same size it'll be fine to keep them together.

jetajockey said:
If the fry are small enough to fit in their mouths then they might kill them so I think you are doing the right thing by keeping them separated. Once they get about the same size it'll be fine to keep them together.

Hey does it matter if I leave the light on or off for the angel fry??

I'm pretty sure the lighting does not matter for angelfish fry as it does for some species of fish. One thing I would recommend though is to lower the level of water in the 10g tank so that it is maybe 25% full. This is so that when you feed them the very small amount that you should be feeding you keep the food to volume ratio higher and make it easier for the tiny fry to find food. As they increase in size and become more mobile you can increase the amount of water in the tank.

bs6749 said:
I'm pretty sure the lighting does not matter for angelfish fry as it does for some species of fish. One thing I would recommend though is to lower the level of water in the 10g tank so that it is maybe 25% full. This is so that when you feed them the very small amount that you should be feeding you keep the food to volume ratio higher and make it easier for the tiny fry to find food. As they increase in size and become more mobile you can increase the amount of water in the tank.

Kool thanks.

Back
Top Bottom