Help!! Babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
K thanks! I have no idea about the ghost shrimp. And when should I put her in the breeder? I have one that separates the fry.

Since you know about babies. I got a pregnant ghost shrimp from pet smart. Any idea when she's due she's having contractions. Been having those for almost a week

I don't know a thing about ghost shrimp. I have been wanting some though. I think they keep their babies attached too them for a while, like crayfish do. I'm not really sure though. Just go on google or start a thread about it. I'm sure there is lots of info out there.

I have to say that the fry basket is a waste of money IMO.

I had one and trashed it.

Get a small tank preferably at least 5 gallon, small sponge filter and heater, load it up with some floating plants or better yet a moss like Java.

Wait until she's bloated and squared, a great sign of near birth especially if she's well fed. Let her drop her batch in the small tank. You'll save probably every single fry this way.

Feed them Hikari first bites. It's perfect and the fry will catch on quick.

Since you know about babies. I got a pregnant ghost shrimp from pet smart. Any idea when she's due she's having contractions. Been having those for almost a week

Ghost shrimp larvae won't survive in a freshwater tank, most (there are lots of different species known as ghost shrimp) need brackish water for the larvae to develop. Also, they need pretty much microscopic food that may or may not be in your tank. Some people have had success hatching baby ghost shrimp, but unless you have a dedicated system for hatching and raising the larvae you probably won't have any babies. Your fish will enjoy the snack of the newly hatched larvae, though.

Ok here is better pics of the pregnant yellow Mickey Mouse. Is it pregnant?

Attachments

• image-300165242.jpg
    image-300165242.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 34
  • image-4170763870.jpg
    image-4170763870.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 49
She probably is as are most live bearers from stores but I don't think she is close to dropping.

She doesn't have the squarish look or a noticeable gravid spot. Even they can drop fry without those indicators.

Give her another week and see if she gets larger. Not in the box of course lol

I know I put her in it it to look at her more closely. Ill probably put her back in the box when I see a dark spot.

Back
Top Bottom