help bba

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greatsoccerman

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a black beard algae problem going on. Has anyone ever beat it? I have a planted tank with lots of plants thinking view would suck us the nutrients first but that didn't work. Have co2 injected into the tank but I think that is just helping it. Have about 2.5-3.5 watts per gallon. It is just taking over and I don't want to restart. I bought some flag fish and they eat some but not much at all. So is there anyway to beat it with out killing fish or plants and without restarting and I don't want to have to take my fish out of the tank no extra room for them.

What kind of CO2 system? Squirting hydrogen peroxide or Excel on the BBA will kill it. Go slow you do not want to overdose and kill your fish. Remove the leaves that have it the worst. How long are your lights on?

Eight hours a day. And just the diy co2. So h2o2 will not harm my fish if directly squirtdd on the algae?

In small quantities just do a bit at a time. The DIY CO2 could be the problem as it is likely causing unstable CO2 levels, BBA thrives in that kind of conditions.

Will h2o2 for a lack of better words disappear when added to the water? Like if you put some in will you have to do water changes to get it out or will it soon just fade out?

Back
Top Bottom