Help!!! Been 4 days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RaptorBro

Aquarium Advice Activist
Remember about four days ago i posted that my water was crystal clear and after a 25% water change and adding cartridge to my whisper and changing fiber only on box filter my water has gotten foggy i can still see but its not crystal like before. My whisper was only running with the sponge before and my box filter had ammocarb with an aquarium sponge both was only running for about 1 week when i added the cartridge 2 the whisper and removed the sponge and added filter fiber and my readings are perfect i even took a sample to my lfs which is down the road and they are confused. Did i throw my tank back into a mini cycle and should i remove my plastic/silk plants and toys log to see if that might be the problem!???IM STUMPEDD!!!! AND MY LITTLE 2 GALLON IS STILL CRYSTAL CLEAR HMPH!!!!! EVEN WITH A 80% water change and no fish or plants smh!!!! should i put pack my 2 platys into the 2 gallon and start from scratch????

Is this tank cycled? If not, I urge you to put your platies back in the 2g and fishless cycle your tank.

Is your water cloudy, or just the glass? Sometimes after a water change, I have lots of tiny bubbles on the glass that make the tank look a little cloudy.

You may also have stirred up dust from your gravel if you didn't wash the gravel before adding it to the tank.

Otherwise, it sounds like a bacteria bloom. This usually occurs in a cycling tank and will go away with time.

Back
Top Bottom