Help breeding neolamprologus multifasciatus.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noahtk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 5 neolamprologus multifasciatus; 3 male, 2 female. They are in 30 gallon tank with 2 small red zebras, 1 medium acei, and 2 medium jewels. They tank has sand and over 30 shells. I used to have ten till an accident occurred during a tank change. They had bred once before but none of the babies lived. I would really like to breed them! Any tips? Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Remove the acei and jewels, not good tankmates for shellies typically.

Add water, add shells, have a male and some females. You usually have babies...I put in dwarf Tanganyikan bullhead cats into my multi tank just to take down the fry lol

Are you positive that they're sexed properly? Multis can be tricky

Thanks I will do that. Yes I'm almost positive because the three males are larger and the 2 females are smaller. Also the males fight while the females are very docile. Is there another way to confirm this?

Remove the acei and jewels, not good tankmates for shellies typically.

Add water, add shells, have a male and some females. You usually have babies...I put in dwarf Tanganyikan bullhead cats into my multi tank just to take down the fry lol

Are you positive that they're sexed properly? Multis can be tricky

Thanks I will do that. Yes I'm almost positive because the three males are larger and the 2 females are smaller. Also the males fight while the females are very docile. Is there another way to confirm this?

Back
Top Bottom