help!! eggs! corys mating!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pipedreamer86

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just watched my cories copulate it was the craziest thing I've seen in my tank yet, the spawning, copulation, and finally her shooting eggs all over my aquarium wall. Is there a.safe way to remove the eggs so they are not eaten?

ForumRunner_20121120_134541.jpg

Pipedreamer86 said:
I just watched my cories copulate it was the craziest thing I've seen in my tank yet, the spawning, copulation, and finally her shooting eggs all over my aquarium wall. Is there a.safe way to remove the eggs so they are not eaten?

You can roll them off with your fingers carefully or use a razor blade, I preferred fingers because they are prone to fungus and if they are in a cluster all the eggs in the cluster are affected by it,

I have a cycled 10g that just has a couple mystery snails in it right now I think I'm going to move.them to the big tank and TRY to move the eggs over, unless I don't have.to worry about snails eating the.eggs?

Pipedreamer86 said:
I have a cycled 10g that just has a couple mystery snails in it right now I think I'm going to move.them to the big tank and TRY to move the eggs over, unless I don't have.to worry about snails eating the.eggs?

My snails ate some of my last eggs.

Once you move them to a tank/breeder box put lots of aeration near the eggs. They hatch in about 3 days. There are some places you can buy fry food. I just break off a little piece of algae wafer and other food I have and soak it in a bit of tank water to soften.

Back
Top Bottom