help finding Malawi Crab for Cichlid tank!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Munger22391

Aquarium Advice Regular
I really want a Malawi blue crab (Potamonautes orbitospinus) for my cichlid tank but cant seem to find much info on them or anywhere that sells them. If anyone knows of a place let me know!! And thanks for any info you have

Here is a video so you can see what it is in case you dont know what it is. I didnt know what they where until yesterday

Malawi Crab (Potamonautus orbitospinus) - YouTube

That's bad a$$. I kinda want one now but idk how much I would like it if I found one of my $40 cichlids in those claws

I know a few people that had them and they never lasted. Also I believe a member here had one it was blue but if I recall they had problems with it and there fish.

Also they will go after sleeping fish if hungry enough. I was gonna do it and had the place and everything. I later opted out. If you want I'll try and fish the site that has them. If it were me though I wouldn't do it unless I had a HUGE tank.

I am interested in crabs too but those things get to big for me. Another user said red claw crabs were alright with his africans so I'm checking them out

I know a few people that had them and they never lasted. Also I believe a member here had one it was blue but if I recall they had problems with it and there fish.

Also they will go after sleeping fish if hungry enough. I was gonna do it and had the place and everything. I later opted out. If you want I'll try and fish the site that has them. If it were me though I wouldn't do it unless I had a HUGE tank.

yea I'm upgrading to a 100+g tank here soon and was thinking of putting one in there with my cichlids, or just use one of my old 55g tanks that is just laying around a add a couple big non aggressive fish in with it and see how it goes. if you find out the site let me know

yea I'm upgrading to a 100+g tank here soon and was thinking of putting one in there with my cichlids, or just use one of my old 55g tanks that is just laying around a add a couple big non aggressive fish in with it and see how it goes. if you find out the site let me know

Will do...

Back
Top Bottom