Help! Fish suddenly sick!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nconfort

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently moved my fish from my old aquarium to my new 55 gallon corner. I used the old filter media and everything has been fine for a few days. Today I added some new fish. At first everything was fine and my pack of make guppies and endlers were their normal curious selves, investigating the new fish. But after literally about 5 minutes, ALL my guppies and endlers are lethargically swimming in the back part of the tank, gills pumping hard. One showed symptoms of bloat and I quarantined it with aquarium salt.

What happened!? I have never heard of a disease coming on so rapidly, and affecting all the members of one species (all my other fish seem fine). Is it related to the new fish? Help is appreciated. I've had these guppies and endlers for a long time. Thanks!

I recently moved my fish from my old aquarium to my new 55 gallon corner. I used the old filter media and everything has been fine for a few days. Today I added some new fish. At first everything was fine and my pack of make guppies and endlers were their normal curious selves, investigating the new fish. But after literally about 5 minutes, ALL my guppies and endlers are lethargically swimming in the back part of the tank, gills pumping hard. One showed symptoms of bloat and I quarantined it with aquarium salt.

What happened!? I have never heard of a disease coming on so rapidly, and affecting all the members of one species (all my other fish seem fine). Is it related to the new fish? Help is appreciated. I've had these guppies and endlers for a long time. Thanks!

I'm wondering if something else got added to the tank that caused problems? Have you checked all your water specs just in case?

I'd do some large water changes and run some fresh carbon if you have spare filter space. What were the new fish out of interest?

I'm wondering if something else got added to the tank that caused problems? Have you checked all your water specs just in case?

I'd do some large water changes and run some fresh carbon if you have spare filter space. What were the new fish out of interest?

No, I will check the water specs now. The one guppy died but the others are okay for the moment.

I added 4 small rainbow fish (can't remember the exact type) and one common halfbeak.

I was thinking something that the smaller fish may have been most impacted - some change in water chemistry but otherwise at a blank. Good news they are better.

Check your PH and water levels befor u add fish it's the golden rule your might have accidentally exposed them to high amounts of PH or worst.

Back
Top Bottom