Help! fungus on my betta!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike19

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
so I come home today finding my betta fish dead and her mouth to her eyes was covered in white stuff seemed lik fungus and the other day I bought a dozen fry guppies as food and they probably infected my tank cause I remember finding one dead with white on it but didnt think much of it. then I see my male betta having the same thing starting to grow but I don't know how to get rid of it. my water temp is 74 and I just added 2 tablespoons of salt into the 10 gallon tank. does anyone know how to get rid of them?

so I come home today finding my betta fish dead and her mouth to her eyes was covered in white stuff seemed lik fungus and the other day I bought a dozen fry guppies as food and they probably infected my tank cause I remember finding one dead with white on it but didnt think much of it. then I see my male betta having the same thing starting to grow but I don't know how to get rid of it. my water temp is 74 and I just added 2 tablespoons of salt into the 10 gallon tank. does anyone know how to get rid of them?

Sorry you lost some fish. If you seeing a fuzziness on the fish AFTER death that isn't unusual as the body starts to decay. If you're seeing fuzziness BEFORE death that's a whole other matter. Did you have your water temp at 74 or less when your Betta was alive? A Betta needs a water temp of 78-80F & as I don't have experience with Guppies I can't say. It is very possible the new fish introduced a disease. Did you test your water after they were added to make sure they didn't effect your water parameters; ammonia, nitrites, nitrates?

Back
Top Bottom