Help green algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nogauthi

Aquarium Advice Activist
Help I got green algae growing everywhere. And it's very hard to remove.

Lots of factors promote its growth. Tell us more avoid your lighting, water used, feeding, CUC, fish you have?

Lots of factors promote its growth. Tell us more avoid your lighting, water used, feeding, CUC, fish you have?

I have the razor r420r and the preset. That does dusk to dawn with a moon light. I have African cichlids and a golden algae eater. Also have a busy nose Pleco but its don't do much and a striped Raphael catfish that I never see. I do 2 25% water change a week. Just miss last week cause I was sick. I feed once a day

If you have that much light on for that much time without anything else to fend off algae, I would expect you to have algae accumulation.

Reduce your photoperiod to 6hrs a day and increase your pwc schedule to reduce nitrates.
Normally you could intro. plants to soak up some of the nutrients but having cichlids may not allow you to do that.

How about you give us your full setup first though. CO2, ferts, plants, age, substrate, etc.

Crush coral with life plants. Give excel daily and once a week supplement and iron. Also have root tab. My tank is about 6 month

It's probably a matter of way too much light and fertilizer imbalance. Can you turn down the LEDs at all?

Back
Top Bottom