help i don't know what to do respond asap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
k i made a powder food my self i hope i made it the way he likes it so he will eat and not starve wish me luck on raising him if you have anymore advice please let me know

ive made powdered food myself too, depending on the likes of your fry he may not eat it if it doesnt sink so i watch them and if they dont eat of the top i push it down with my finger so it goes down then he/she may eat it. If still not eating live food would be your only other choice...

i made a mix of shrimp flakes algae pellets and commercial powder food

I used the commercial powder food, community flake food, freeze dried blood worms and bbs with some algea pellet crushed to a really fine powder.

i hope my recipe works he is tiny with two big eyes any advice on how to speed up growth

bbs shrimp.... That'll help but if you have none, perfect water, temp like 79 80 degrees and feed MORE than once a day. Three times is usually good. Make sure there is proper lighting too because without it as the baby grows it will develope a disformed back.

Glofish Breeding

Zebra danios are some of the easiest egglaying fish to breed in the aquarium, and glofish should be no different. If you have a pair of glowfish that spawns in the aquarium, their fry will also be glofish and not plain zebra danios. For regular zebra danios it is possible to tell the difference between males and females. Females have blue and silver stripes and males have blue and gold stripes, and the females usually have more of a rounded bodyshape. Other than body shape I'm not certain how you determine the sex of glofish.

During spawning they scatter their eggs. As with regular zebra danios, you should place marbles in the bottom of the breeding tank so that the parents won't be able to eat the eggs. You should also have plants in your spawning tank. After spawning is complete remove the parents from the tank and place them back into the regular aquarium.

The eggs should hatch in 1-3 days. Once the fry are free-swimming they can be fed liquid commercial fry food or infusoria. They are too small at first to eat brine shrimp nauplii, but in a week or two this should be added to their diet as well as powdered fry food.

Glofish Breeding

Zebra danios are some of the easiest egglaying fish to breed in the aquarium, and glofish should be no different. If you have a pair of glowfish that spawns in the aquarium, their fry will also be glofish and not plain zebra danios. For regular zebra danios it is possible to tell the difference between males and females. Females have blue and silver stripes and males have blue and gold stripes, and the females usually have more of a rounded bodyshape. Other than body shape I'm not certain how you determine the sex of glofish.

During spawning they scatter their eggs. As with regular zebra danios, you should place marbles in the bottom of the breeding tank so that the parents won't be able to eat the eggs. You should also have plants in your spawning tank. After spawning is complete remove the parents from the tank and place them back into the regular aquarium.

i have learned by observing how to tell between male and female it's actually quit easy

MALE:slender body a Little bit bigger wavier fins.

FEMALE: chubby smaller fins by just a bit and you know for sure when u catch them breeding/spawning.

PS. i don't have a breeder tank they just do it in the regular tank and i am not trying to breed them they do it them self's i think they be in love because he doesn't go near the other 2 females in the tank

Cool, I read some where that they choose mates but that was a while ago I read it... He's still hangin in there??? Tell him I said hi!!!

i think he is 4 days old even tho i found him 3 days ago because he became free swimming yesterday it takes about 2 days to become free swimming so he must have bean hiding in the tank for a day.

yay he's a survivor a strong little fry! if he made it through that then maybe he'll have a better chance of living...

he died last night i guess he was just on the floor dead i guess he got sick witch happens but tonight i did surgery on my platy she had 9 fry so im raising them as of now u know about raising them at all they still have there yolk sack so before they run out of yolk what to do they in breeder box.

Back
Top Bottom