Help!! I think my pregnant ballon Molly is dying!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NYCGuanchy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone, hope all is well. Im new here and this is my first post!
Hope u guys can help me.

I have a ballon molly and she is pregnant! I put her into a breeding box and today is her third day in there. She was fine, swimming around and eating. Since last night she hasn't been eating or swimming around she is just laying at the bottom, she was on her side and i touched her to see if she would move and she did move so she is not dead.

Im not sure if this is normal because she is about to give birth or what it is! =\
Ive had guppies before and they used to have babies all the time and they never acted like this.

How is she?
Did she give birth?

Nop, unfortunetly she died, i discovered that i had a fungus in my tank, the male also died right after her. Im treating my tank now. Saturday will be my last treatment.

I was able to save my three catfish!! Thank God!

Nop, unfortunetly she died, i discovered that i had a fungus in my tank, the male also died right after her. Im treating my tank now. Saturday will be my last treatment.

I was able to save my three catfish!! Thank God!

Oh. Sorry to here that. :( At least u saved the cats :)

Oh. Sorry to here that. :( At least u saved the cats :)

Yeah thanks a lot!

Maybe u can help me with this sorry, im using this API fungus medication and its working great one of my catfish had a lot of white stuff around him and it went away already. But the medication made the water green (thats the color of the medication) . Would that ever go away?

I read that if i use a lot of carbon itll help but im not sure

Yeah thanks a lot!

Maybe u can help me with this sorry, im using this API fungus medication and its working great one of my catfish had a lot of white stuff around him and it went away already. But the medication made the water green (thats the color of the medication) . Would that ever go away?

I read that if i use a lot of carbon itll help but im not sure

After filtering a bit, the green color should fade. Carbon will definitely help. Carbon will also help clear up the water. R u using a hob filter or canister filter?

I used that exact medicine a couple of months ago and it saved my fish well most of them, and yes after you are done your treatment cycle do a pwc and replace your carbon filter and with a little time and regular water changes the green tint will go away, I am sorry you lost the mother fish and the papa, but cheers because if it happened once you should be able to get new ones to breed. We lost our betta to a fungus infection it looked as if he had flesh eating disease it was hart breaking really.

I used that exact medicine a couple of months ago and it saved my fish well most of them, and yes after you are done your treatment cycle do a pwc and replace your carbon filter and with a little time and regular water changes the green tint will go away, I am sorry you lost the mother fish and the papa, but cheers because if it happened once you should be able to get new ones to breed. We lost our betta to a fungus infection it looked as if he had flesh eating disease it was hart breaking really.

Great thanks a lot, i appreciate the help

No problem, the fungus infections are really scary I took my hood off the top of the aquarium as well and gave it a good cleaning bits of food that got stuck extra, take a deep breath and keep an watchful eye don't be afraid to treat again if you see anymore signs...

Yeah , that's what happens when you crack out the 80's movies ghostbusters is a big hit in this house and the theme song in on the car mix lol. It doesn't take much at their age the baby just turned 3 and our son will be 7 at the end of the summer.

Oh try taking pictures of your fish too I found mine to be clearer in the medicine than without my glowlight tetras made good subject matter

Yeah , that's what happens when you crack out the 80's movies ghostbusters is a big hit in this house and the theme song in on the car mix lol. It doesn't take much at their age the baby just turned 3 and our son will be 7 at the end of the summer.

Oh try taking pictures of your fish too I found mine to be clearer in the medicine than without my glowlight tetras made good subject matter

Hehe wow thats funny, ill take some pics of my three catfish and post them, i have a bettas as well but he is in a separate tank.

How long should i wait before putting any new fish in the tank? Im scared that they are going to get sick and die too

Hehe wow thats funny, ill take some pics of my three catfish and post them, i have a bettas as well but he is in a separate tank.

How long should i wait before putting any new fish in the tank? Im scared that they are going to get sick and die too

U should prob wait at least a week to make sure no fishes r affected before putting others in.

The water is so green from the medication that is funny lol.
This is one of my leopard corydora

image-986561373.jpg

The water in your picture looks much greener than it appeared in our photos, but we have brown gravel. Yeah I didn't add anyone for a long time. I wasn't in the market for more fish but I couldn't resist my girlfriends offer of babies. So patience is the key although it is soo hard to wait with the aquarium I find. The fungus infection freaked me out, I am not interested in seeing another bout.

Your little buddy doesn't seem to mind the water lol maybe wondering why your taking his mug shot

Back
Top Bottom