Help ID My cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lodgey8nj

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently bought 2 yellow labs, 2 red zebras and 2 of these guys below. I'm trying to figure out what they are. So far I narrowed it to johannis or mainganos. Anyone have any idea? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Attachments

• image-3587611106.jpg
    image-3587611106.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 75
  • image-1557647285.jpg
    image-1557647285.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 81
They look like young male johonnis to me

image-3070239464.jpg

Here was one of the 2 ive had through out the years. Look simalar to you? Plz excuse
My big pleco in the way lol his name is
Hammer

So they will get darker and brighter blue as they age like yours? Btw yours Looks awesome from what i can see...and that Pleco is huge lol.

If im correct they will eventually look just like mine, sorry i dont really have a better pic of mine lol
Yes my pleco is a giant..
Heres
My other one im not sure if hes really a johonni or something else but hes super awesome

image-1347528814.jpg

Awesome looking fish. I can't wait to see of mine turn out to be like that. They are kind of grayish right now. Why would you say males though?

The reason i say males
Is because juviniles and females are yellow. Yours seem to be changing blue which is what males do when they are starting to reach sexual maturity. :)
They can be a little agressive so be careful

Back
Top Bottom