Help identify this fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joker741

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was sold as a Snot Nosed Danio, but I can't find anything on it online.

So, what is it really?

snot.jpg

It is a rummynose tetra. It is a shame that dealers feel the need to invent names. It causes confusion and shows they know little about their livestock. And it shows they do not care. Too bad our hobby is wrought with this. Bill

I also meant to ask you, did you buy just one? They do better in schools of at least 4-5. More would be better. Bill

definately a rummynose tetra and they are absolutly beautiful in lg groups and they tightly school

More particularly... I think it's a false Rummy Nose (Hemigrammus bleheri). Doesn't really matter as Bill said they do much better in groups and the three species that are commonly referred to as Rummy Nose will school together.

Well, I bought 4 originally and 2 have since taken a ride on the porcelain express.

They like to hang out with:
stripe.jpg

I have 1 Glo Fish:

glo.jpg

But he hangs with these:

dan.jpg

So, what exactually do I have in my tank? I need to update my sig now, lol.

The top picture shows a black neon tetra.
The middle picture shows a possible glo-fish flanked by a gold white cloud mountain fish.
The bottom picture shows some healthy gold white cloud mountain fish.

Thank you very much.

12 of the fish in the tank came with it, so I didn't know what they were.

Okay, so my real tank contents are:

5 Gold White Mountain Fish
1 Glo Fish
3 Black Neon Tetra
2 Rummy Nose Tetra
3 Tiger Barb
2 Dwarf Gourami
1 Honey Gourami
1 Pristella Tetra
1 Black Skirt Tetra

My plans are to add:

6 Panda Cory
3 Green Tiger Barb
3 Albino Tiger Barb
3 Pristella Tetra
3 Rummy Nose

Originally the pristellas were called x-ray tetras. There is a gold variety which yours looks like, but there are no differences between that and the regular ones. Other than a lack of pigment in the body. Same fish.

Back
Top Bottom