Help identifying brown stuff...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RV-David

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, im new around these forums so not sure if this is the rite area.

I have a 10 gallon aquarium with one betta, one mystery snail and one zebra thorn snail. There are two real plants (small ones), with a japanese moss ball, and a bunch of fake plants...

I noticed there was itty bitty brown spots on all my fake plants, everywhere, ive included a picture... Do you know what it is?

I run a aquaclear 30 on the tank on lowest flow setting with a pre-sponge filter on intake tube, and have a very very light bubbler on the back wall. Lighting in tank is a t-18 aquleon floramax. If that helps any in figuring it out. All food is eaten by the betta with maybe 1-3 pellets a day sinking.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1406764909074.jpg
    1406764909074.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 55
Its been running since early april. Ive kept to doing water changes for 15% on every saturday since it finished cycling.

The water I replace sits in 1gallon water jugs for 24hrs before the changes so the sun can pull the bad stuff out of tap water, besides my treatments. I dont think its outside dirt either (the thought ran through my head) because I put caps on the jugs with little holes in them.

I didnt really notice them until I added an 8 inch bubble stone in the backwall. I had dug in the gravel a little bit to get it set, could it of been "kicked up" stuff from the gravel that I just never happened to vaccume out?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom