Help Identifying the plant.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ahimsa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am new to the world of planted aquariums. I saw this in a local Pet supply store but it did not have a tag and a sales person did not know what it was, it being holiday weekend the person in charge of aquarium section was off. Any ideas? The leaves are pointy.

Attachments

• image-732812062.jpg
    image-732812062.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 84
  • image-3864209489.jpg
    image-3864209489.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 80
  • image-3881504432.jpg
    image-3881504432.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 67
Looks like Green Hedge or Cherry Hedge, both of which are actually SEMI-AQUATIC plants. They will die if kept underwater too long. Pet stores like to sneak them in with fully aquatic plants and sell them to unsuspecting customers. Sorry, but that's what it looks like to me.

Thank you for your help! I will try to just submerge the roots in my tank and see if it will make it. Can the roots just float? Or do they need to be in the substrate?

Well the roots need to be planted but it's not a truly aquatic plant. (if it is one of the hedges) So eventually the plant will die underwater. I mean, i could be mistaken on the plant ID. Post another picture once it's planted. Maybe we can confirm the ID with some other pics.

We're here to help!

Back
Top Bottom