Help identifying this creature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Poncho.tinoco

Aquarium Advice Regular
Help identifying this creature it came up in my tank and is about 1cm in length. It reminds me of a cricket without hind legs.. I'm thinking its some kind of larvae since I keep my window open and the tank is topless.. We've been having some rain lately here in Phoenix AZ And I'm thinking somethin bred and landed in my tank.. The tank is a 29 gallon with Amano shrimp and RCS with some snails and one Otto. Any info is appreciated. I just wanna know what it is and if I should just let it be as long as my shrimp are safe.. It is currently in a bottle with some live plants in it and I don't think it's eating anything ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446831337.202931.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yea this picture was taken with it in the bottle. I just don't know what it might be or eat

I think i figured it out. It looks very similar to damselfly larvae. Now I just have to figure out what to do with it

See if springtails matches....

From what I read, they are commonly a live food in the wild so let your fish eat it if they can.

Caleb

Okay I don't know what's going on with my tank but this one is very odd! Any ideas? I don't even know how it got in there and it's still moving.. What would you guys do with this? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447015851.703079.jpg

Help identifying this creature it came up in my tank and is about 1cm in length. It reminds me of a cricket without hind legs.. I'm thinking its some kind of larvae since I keep my window open and the tank is topless.. We've been having some rain lately here in Phoenix AZ And I'm thinking somethin bred and landed in my tank.. The tank is a 29 gallon with Amano shrimp and RCS with some snails and one Otto. Any info is appreciated. I just wanna know what it is and if I should just let it be as long as my shrimp are safe.. It is currently in a bottle with some live plants in it and I don't think it's eating anything View attachment 280224

That is either a damsel fly or a dragonfly nymph and they will eat shrimp.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom