HELP! LED lights too bright for fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RackinRocky

Aquarium Advice Addict
My balloon molly dropped last night and I have them in a breeder box. I have the Finnex Stingray LEDs on a 20 long. The fry are right up at the top, right above them, very close. Will the daylight LED be too bright for them? I'm worried because I know it bothers my eyes, and I'm worried it will be bothersome for them, or harm them. Thank you!

You can add some floating type plants to make a shade for them or cover the top of the breeder box with screening or opaque plastic to give them some shade. Once you release them into a tank, they will want to hide from the light and the other fish so be aware of that as well.

Hope this helps. (y)

Thank you Andy! I have covered the part of the tank where the breeder is with a towel (I put it under the LED light). That way the plants still get the light they need, and the light is muted in the breeder. You suggestions are excellent as well.

Thank you Andy! I have covered the part of the tank where the breeder is with a towel (I put it under the LED light). That way the plants still get the light they need, and the light is muted in the breeder. You suggestions are excellent as well.

You are welcome. ;)(y)

Back
Top Bottom