Help me asap!! Fish dying.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never seen a nitrogen test before, lol. What type of test kit is it? It's a liquid kit?

If your numbers are accurate you don't seem bad off right now.

I'm jumping into the thread late and might have glanced over too quickly, but based off adding all those fish, the heavy cleaning and other things...I'd keep a super sharp eye on everything for the foreseeable future. If ammo or no2 come close to .25, time to break out the bucket and bottle of water conditioner ;-)

What he said :) Eco is the God of all things cycling lol
Bucket and conditioner are a fishkeepers bestest friends

Cheers,
I also have another query about my platys, when the male comes near the females they move away from him very quickly, should I separate them or something??

Mine tend to do that, I think it's just how they are, the male often chases the females.

I wouldn't worry about it unless they start getting damaged.

Thanks m8, although I still find it strange how they hide when the lights are on and when there off they come to the front of the tank

That's what fish do, at least most of mine do, haha.

They just settle when the lights are off, fish napping!

If you tend to feed them not long after the lights come on, they will come to the front of the tank expecting food aswell.

Yhh I do but they come out to eat the food then they go back into hiding.

Hi, I've come back from work looked at my tank an one of my bloodfin tetra are all floppy like its about to die and both of my female platys have somthing sticking out by there top fin ( I could only get a pic of 1 of the platys but the other one is just as bad if not worse all my other fish look and are behaving alright.

Attachments

• IMG-20110707-00198.jpg
    IMG-20110707-00198.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG-20110707-00196.jpg
    IMG-20110707-00196.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG-20110707-00193.jpg
    IMG-20110707-00193.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 77
Back
Top Bottom