Help me decide what fish to start with! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you use Bio-Spira with the correct dose you can add ALL of your fish load at the same time, including the angel. If you dose the full amount and add only some of the fish, you are wasting this expensive stuff, so I like to take advantage of this product's major benefit - full bioload at tank setup.

It is not fishless cycling at all, but instant cycling, so add it at the same time as the fish so the bacteria will have ammonia upon which to feed.

YAY! The remaining pieces for my new tank will be here on THURSDAY, just in time for Xmas! Now I need to plan...

WHEEE. I'm excited, can ya tell?

Then get all the fish I want for the tank and add the Bio-Spira.
I will definitely let everyone know how it goes
What do you think about keeping notes? record the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate at least daily or every other day for as long as you can do it. Shoot for a month? We can then table and/or graph it, and compare it to other methods,like my low-bioload experiment currently running. I think it would be useful info to have on AA

TomK2 said:
What do you think about keeping notes? record the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate at least daily or every other day for as long as you can do it. Shoot for a month? We can then table and/or graph it, and compare it to other methods,like my low-bioload experiment currently running. I think it would be useful info to have on AA

I think it's a great idea. I already have a spiral calendar I was going to use to help remind myself and my daughter when to feed/clean the tank/do other regularly scheduled maintenance. I will be sure to write down the test information as I do it and I'll post it up. I'll try to write down as much details as possible. I'm kind of excited about being part of research as much as actually starting an aquarium :) Fantastic idea, Tom2K! :bulb: (y)

That is a great idea. :D

I find that keeping a journal of my tanks is extremely helpful, because if something goes wrong you can look back and see what you might have done differently, or a trend in your water parameters, or otherwise spot the cause for the trouble.

Back
Top Bottom