Help me get yoyos out of this rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hholly

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I have these Yoyo loaches in this tank. They love the giant rock thing and hide in it whenever I start messing with the tank or changing water. I have tried picking the thing up out of the water. But it's so intricate, they stay inside even though the water comes out. Any ideas? I thought I might have to put the whole thing in my bathtub or something to get them out alive. I'm trying to change this tank around and this rock is just too big.
Thanks in advance!

View attachment 141806

Don't force them out. They should all come out when they smell food. So the next time you feed, do a visual count and if you counted them all, take the rock out.

David

The problem is that as soon as I start to mess with the tank at all, they enter the rock and stay there until I leave. Even if they're eating.

They are never all at one end of the tank. There's always one or two around the rock. But thanks for the suggestions! I'm thinking I will elevate the rock so it's partially out of the water, and slowly keep raising it over a few hours, so they have the chance to escape.

You could try plugging the holes so they have 1 exit/entrance point. Then when they are all out, very carefully remove the rock. I have a ram who is the exact opposite. Every time I'm doing something in the tank, I literally have to pick up the fish and move it away from my work area.

i wouldnt force them, but ive read more hiding spots will make them feel more secure and theyll come out more.

They come out all the time. They are very happy and play all the time. But when i mess with the tank, they retreat into the rock.
I want to rescape the tank with live plants and driftwood.
But thanks!

Back
Top Bottom