Help me ID this algae eater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vireoes

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am just getting back into this hobby. Unfortunately I currently live in a country where I can't speak or read the language. I want help ID these algea eaters that are found at my LFS. Two individuals seen from different angles in this shot. Thanks.

Attachments

• A_2868.jpg
    A_2868.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 55
vireoes said:
I am just getting back into this hobby. Unfortunately I currently live in a country where I can't speak or read the language. I want help ID these algea eaters that are found at my LFS. Two individuals seen from different angles in this shot. Thanks.

This is One of my favourite fish! Their Scientific Name is Otocinclus vestitus, aka Ottos! They love diatoms! Awesome little critters! Just make sure u acclimate them properly! E.g. Drip acclimation!

Great thanks. I have been doing a lot of reading about them and that is what I was looking for. Since my LFS is small I didn't have anything to compare them to and I have only looked at photos online and I wanted to be sure I wasn't introducing one of the others larger growing fish that wouldn't fit my tank well.

Back
Top Bottom