Help me rescape/fix this thing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
skywhitney said:
Hmm...maybe not....

You could do rotala and just keep it trimmed short

That sounds cool. I'll pick up some extra when I go get the plants in a couple days.

George9 said:
That sounds cool. I'll pick up some extra when I go get the plants in a couple days.

That sounds like a plan.

Next project for you...pressurized CO2!! Lol

That sounds like a plan.

Next project for you...pressurized CO2!! Lol

I swear, I would if I could. Budget doesn't allow right now though. Maybe for my birthday and christmas lol, but thats in a loong time. We'll see..... CO2 is still pumping out pretty good out of the diy co2 I made about 2 weeks ago. Do oyu think the diffuser should be in the middle of the tank, because right now, its only on the left side.

George9 said:
I swear, I would if I could. Budget doesn't allow right now though. Maybe for my birthday and christmas lol, but thats in a loong time. We'll see..... CO2 is still pumping out pretty good out of the diy co2 I made about 2 weeks ago. Do oyu think the diffuser should be in the middle of the tank, because right now, its only on the left side.

Lol i completely understand. The diffuser should be fine where it is.

The plant just to the left of the dw that has the really long grass looking blades you could move to the wisteria, rotala, cabomba corner to give it a different leaf shape as well.

Vals (jungle, giant or corkscrew) would look nice in the background. A bunch of Narrow Leaf Temple would look awesome in the right rear corner with Ludwigia as a midground. These a great complimenting colors.

Attachments

• image-2155712444.jpg
    image-2155712444.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 67
I cannot remember if I have it or not, but I dont think I have java fern. I'll see if my lfs has any larger ones.

I think I am going to move one of the long leaf plants ( I think its a val) to the cabomba, wisteria and rotala side because its just flapping all over and getting leaves sucked into the filter. Then keep the other one there. I now have some pennywort in the back by the long vals (I think they are) and I added the dwarf sag in front in the empty area. Its starting to look really nice I think. I will post another picture probably tomorrow, or later tonight because I have a fish acclimating and the lights are off.

Your tank looks amazing Philly33! I'd love for mine to look that nice soon :D

Thanks. It's still work in progress. The photo only shows 2/3 of the tank. I'm finishing the left 1/3 shortly. I have 18 species of plants. It's tons of fun. Be patient and things will come together. Get a black background for the tank.

Yep! Got the black background already.

I got my dwarf sag today. I really like it and it makes the left side look so much better. Check it out:

image-806005497.jpg

Whaddya think?

George9 said:
Yep! Got the black background already.

I got my dwarf sag today. I really like it and it makes the left side look so much better. Check it out:

Whaddya think?

Looks great man! It'll fill in really nice and lush. You were able to get a real nice concave look like you wanted.

skywhitney said:
Looks great man! It'll fill in really nice and lush. You were able to get a real nice concave look like you wanted.

Oh my gosh, your right. To be honest, was in a bad mood when I was doing the plants in the morning because I was up to 1 am on AA lol. But your drawing helped a whole lot! Thanks for that :)

Now, hopefully I could make it look concave with the new plants too :)

IMO, you should get something huge that will bring height and bring a lot of depth to the tank. Like a rock formation with holes in it, or a great big piece of drift wood.

George9 said:
Oh my gosh, your right. To be honest, was in a bad mood when I was doing the plants in the morning because I was up to 1 am on AA lol. But your drawing helped a whole lot! Thanks for that :)

Now, hopefully I could make it look concave with the new plants too :)

Lol i'm glad it helped. Since i did it at midnight i was pretty sure it looked like a squarish shape with green smudges in the ends lol. Even if it isn't a true concave right now with the new plants just try to keep in mind what it'll look like as stuff grows and you can trim it to suit your needs. :)

BrianBSHS said:
IMO, you should get something huge that will bring height and bring a lot of depth to the tank. Like a rock formation with holes in it, or a great big piece of drift wood.

+1! If shipping wasnt so ungodly expensive i'd send some of the lace rock that i have laying around.

Last edited:
Yeah I need something big. I tried to prop the dw up, but it did not look right.

What does lace rock look like?

Edit- I found it! It looks like live Rock kinda, right?

George9 said:
Yeah I need something big. I tried to prop the dw up, but it did not look right.

What does lace rock look like?

Edit- I found it! It looks like live Rock kinda, right?

Kinda, depends on the pieces you get. Here are the pieces i plan on using when i set the 10g up again.

Last edited:
skywhitney said:
Kinda, depends on the pieces you get. Here are the pieces i plan on using when i set the 10g up again.

Ooh! That is cool rock. I'm gonna look around for it and see what kind I can find, or maybe different kinds of rocks, I dunno. I think the driftwood will stay for a while first though. I kinda hate to get rid of it. It's home to the kuhlis, one of my platy, and the new apisto lol.

Back
Top Bottom