HELP ......... my damsel is dying!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miranda_1977

Aquarium Advice Newbie

we just recently started a 29 gallon tank we have 2 clowns, 1 blue demsel and a 4 stripped demsel. we have had the tank for 3 weeks now and everything was running smoothly when we started with just the 2 clowns and stripped demsel. we just added the blue demsel a few days ago and the tank ammonia levels have been getting kinda to high we have added treatment to bring it down it seemed to work for a couple days and went back up again. and we can't keep it down. we did a partail water change and that seemed to do the trick. but now my stripped demsel is sick and i know dying :roll: he is laying against the glass just breathing hard and barley moving. i have went over tons of sites and he doesn't have any symtoms of common diseases ............. other than what i just discribed. what can i do is the poor thing saveable??? i feel so bad and don't wanna be dubbed a fish killer :oops: .

Welcome to AA. Can you tell us what are your levels? SG, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, PH? This will help us to help you. Also can you post a picture of the Damsel?

lmkbubblfsh.gif

to AquariumAdvice.com!!

It sounds like your tank is cycling, I would recommend you remove all the fish and return them to the LFS (they should not have sold them to you with a brand new tank) and continue your cycle using >>this method<<.

Back
Top Bottom