HELP! My tank is in an up-roar!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lovin Fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am soooo freaked out right now! And very sad :ermm: I have a tank that makes me very happy, but all of a sudden "the star of the show" has lost it! I don't know what has happened and I don't know if there is anything I can do to curb his sudden aggression.

I added a sweet Albino Kribensis (male) and from everything I have read, he would fit right in my tank. He really did and took a fancy to a female betta. He has minded his own business for 3 weeks (maybe 4??). A few days ago I noticed a lot of fins ripped on fishes, and assumed it was the school of 7 Serpae Tetras. I took them back to the LFS last night. Then just now I realized it was in fact "Robert" my Krib!! :(:(:( I love this fish but he is sneaking up on the Rummynose tetras and attacking them suddenly. They are quick though and most escape him. BUT, my school of 9 Glass Catfish are not so fast and he is rushing their school, breaking the group a part and then attacking which ever ones are alone.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem? I really don't want to see him go. I am concidering bringing the Glass Catfish to the LFS, BUT...I am crazy about Glass Catfish. :ermm: I am terribly confused and at a loss. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

If you have enough tank space, try adding a female Krib or two, he will become interested in them and probably leave the other fish alone. Until they breed, the you might have another set of issues, Have you thought about getting a tank for just Kribs?

What about changing up the decor and territories?

Thank you...I tried that. I'll wait and see if things are better tomorrow. AND keep an eye on them. I think he's beating them the most at night when the lights are out because I watch them so often I can't believe I never noticed it when some of the glass catfish lost the bottom section of their tail fin. I am stressed. Hope he doesn't kill anybody over night. :(

If you have enough tank space, try adding a female Krib or two, he will become interested in them and probably leave the other fish alone. Until they breed, the you might have another set of issues, Have you thought about getting a tank for just Kribs?

Thank you for your suggestion. I had originally planned to have a mate for him, but then after researching about Kribs, I found the males can get very violant towards the females, and while they are breeding and raising fry they get extremely aggressive toward other fish; so I opted to have just him. I had read that a single male would be happy, but he could be one of the few that won't be happy without a mate. :(

I sure wish I could have just a tank for him and a lady friend. That would be nice. But, my husband told me he decided not so many tanks. So, we have to get rid of a couple now. Dang it!!!

Back
Top Bottom