help needed with adding sand to freshwater aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

teeseew

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone!

Okay so, as the title said I am thinking of doing a beached themed tank for my moms beauty shop. I want to do sand instead of putting gravel which I am used to doing in their! Also, I need some good ideas for some hard-scape rock types that would go with the beach theme. Since I do not want to have as much maintenance with live plants so I will be going with fake plants for this setup. I need any advice on using sand and any other good ideas for this set up! (fish ideas are up to my mother, so I'm pretty sure it is going to consist of guppies endlers swords and other simple stuff). Still not sure on the size yet.

How did you get on here? I must confess I would cheat and see what fake rocks were in the shop with little caves and what-not?

Yes, wondering how you went with tank theme? (Maybe my Australian expressions don't translate well :( ).
I've noticed a couple of times on the forum you've asked that question, Delapool. Both times people have been worried you're being aggressive or rude.
"How did you get on here"="How did it go" in the U.S.
Several of my Irish friends use the same expression, took a bit to get used to it.

I've noticed a couple of times on the forum you've asked that question, Delapool. Both times people have been worried you're being aggressive or rude.
"How did you get on here"="How did it go" in the U.S.
Several of my Irish friends use the same expression, took a bit to get used to it.

Lol Thankyou I was just confused, but the idea came from my mom. I just do not know how to use sand in a tank. The Maintenance and what not with sand?

Back
Top Bottom