HELP! New fry, blue bulley, and now malaysian trumpet snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kribensis

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, I just logged in to post this real quick. I will gather the pictures afterwords.

Its my fault, I know. I procrastinated too too long and now I need advice.

Real breef: Kribensis just had babys, Learned that same night my tank has malaysian trumpet snails in it, and I have some sort of Cobalt Blue Cichlid that I got back when I first cucled our 125 gallon aquarium. In our tank I have like 6 Kribensis with him. How should I take care of everyone? Snails, the blue bulley and the newly hatched Kribensis fry?

I have known for quite some time that the blue guy was some sort of Lake Tanganeka type fish. But having got him from walmart. They always sale just real small cichlids. And for the longest time he never did anything to or with the kribs. But this past month I have been working on a way to get rid of him. I kept him even after finding all the Kribensis because my wife and daughter named him and liked him. But over time, as he grew. He is now the bulley. Then I pecrastinated finding him a new home and this morning around 5:20am I saw like 20 or 30 baby fry with my kribensis. I think and I know he may eat the baby fish. Right? With the Kribensis just hatching there baby's. What should I do? Should I try to chase the little bulley around to get him out? Leave him in there and hope for the best? and what about thease new malaysian trumpet snails I just learned at the same time in the morning I have in the tank?

PLEASE HELP I need some direction right now. I know I should have never kept the blue guy in there but my wife and daughter liked him. I thought I had all boy Kribensis. WIll I stress out the parents and baby's if I try to chase him with a net? Now my wife wants to blue guy out of there. (because of the baby fish) The blue guy has dug and made himself a cave between 2 large rocks I have in there. But I do see it makes it hard for any Kribs to cross the center of the tank, without him attacking. And what about them dang malaysian trumpet snails? ARRRRRG!!!! LOL hehehe

Back
Top Bottom