HELP - nitrites not showing up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLOCK.HERo12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:banghead: CAN SOMEBODY WHATS GOING ON? I CHECKED MY WATER THIS MORNING SEEN THAT NITRITES WERE SHOWING UP, CHECKED AGAIN AFTER WORK NOTHING! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT? AND IS OK TOO ADD WATER IT GETTING LOW .

Did you test water before a water change, and then again after adding a dechlorinator?

Not giving up!

back again tested water this morning no nitrites, ammonia level is 2.0 topped off tank,gave dailey dose of ammonia, i've been doing this close to 5 weeks,will the magic happen soon?if there is an answer, i'm all ears:)

I'm assuming you are doing a fishless cycle. If that is the case, try getting the ammonia closer to 4ppm. Any chance of getting some seeded filter material from a buddy?

In 5 weeks you should have seen some movement by now. Do you have a log that you can post so we can see what's been going on? Has ammonia been dropping at all? Any nitrites yet? Do you have a heater and is it set at a higher temp? Did you follow the fishless cycling guide (in my signature: new empty tank). More details would help. :)

Merged duplicate threads. Please start only one thread per topic. It helps to eliminate confusion and should get you more replies. Please also refrain from typing in all caps in the future. It looks like you are yelling at us.

I haven't done a water change yet because.I'm doing a fishless cycle with ammonia, I added water and checked my levels water ammonia went from 4ppm too 2ppm i brought it back to 4ppm..waiting for nature t take it's course.....

You can try buying a sponge filter from here. Make sure it says "active" next to the one you buy. Their active filters are seeded with bacteria from their fish tanks so it might help with cycling (some of us on the forum have used them successfully). If you get one that doesn't say "active" next to it it's just a plan unseeded filter.

Back
Top Bottom