Help please freshwater planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wintersjustin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so my tank is set up a 3 gallon tetra cube with a azoo mignon filter 60 it looked amazing and completed the cycle I have the Eco Complete Planted Black Aquarium Substrate with seiryu stone looks pretty cool I added root tabs 2 nights ago because I ordered some plants easy java moss and wanted to set the fert well right after I added them my tank is green cloudy green horrible I read that this would go away but mine haven't my filter is completely brown the pads where the water drops so I'm new to planted tanks been around fish tanks mostly salt along time but I'm stuck as what to do please help thansk

Ok so my tank is set up a 3 gallon tetra cube with a azoo mignon filter 60 it looked amazing and completed the cycle I have the Eco Complete Planted Black Aquarium Substrate with seiryu stone looks pretty cool I added root tabs 2 nights ago because I ordered some plants easy java moss and wanted to set the fert well right after I added them my tank is green cloudy green horrible I read that this would go away but mine haven't my filter is completely brown the pads where the water drops so I'm new to planted tanks been around fish tanks mostly salt along time but I'm stuck as what to do please help thansk

Might have triggered green water algae. You can fix it with a uv light in a filter. Not real sure on other ways. Just google it ;)

Surprised happen so quick. How many did you put in and did you completely cover them? Tabs wont help java moss. Dont really need anything for the moss. I know you said other plants. I was just pointing that out.

Big wc and filter maintenance is best thing to try first.

Might have triggered green water algae. You can fix it with a uv light in a filter. Not real sure on other ways. Just google it ;)

I hope it's not green algae I just did a 50 percent WC also all filtersImage1484097555.642342.jpg

Can I add my plants in when they arrive should be in the next day or two

Yes. I prefer to cycle with plants. You say your alreasy cycled. I would verify that. Use api master kit not strips. Plants will only help stabalize the parameters.

Back
Top Bottom