Help please!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Paul,
Sorry reply taken so long, had heaps going on. I seemed to have resolved most issues now :) Have had Baby platy and guppys since. Geez they add to messing up the tank, I feel like I am forever cleaning it and had a few bacterial blooms after gravel clean and WC and it still looks dirty

Question about C4 if I could please?
The mechanical filter over the last week has indicated it needs to be serviced every second day and then again today even though I did it yesterday. Some of the wool is pulling away a bit but otherwise intact. Do I need to replace the foam/poly pad? Or just continue to rinse? And I know you said you floss to polish the water as well, is that the same as just filter wool or different? Thanks once again for your help :)

Hi Paul,
Sorry reply taken so long, had heaps going on. I seemed to have resolved most issues now :) Have had Baby platy and guppys since. Geez they add to messing up the tank, I feel like I am forever cleaning it and had a few bacterial blooms after gravel clean and WC and it still looks dirty

Question about C4 if I could please?
The mechanical filter over the last week has indicated it needs to be serviced every second day and then again today even though I did it yesterday. Some of the wool is pulling away a bit but otherwise intact. Do I need to replace the foam/poly pad? Or just continue to rinse? And I know you said you floss to polish the water as well, is that the same as just filter wool or different?
Thanks once again for your help :)
Replace the entire mechanical pad immediately. The finer "polishing pad" (wool as you describe it) portion of the pad collects debris that becomes embedded within the media and cannot be fully removed by rinsing. I never re-use polishing pads but the most you can get away with rinsing them is once or twice.

I am in a hurry to leave for a Doctor appt and will get back with more info later.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom