help setting up a remora pro skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barbtrave

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just received a Remora Pro skimmer with Mag 3 pump. The directions are not very clear. YOu hang it on the back of your tank. Do you plug the pump(mag3) Do you plug the pump into that short kittle plastic tube in the tank and have it hanging in the air? Do I need to buy extra tubing and clamps? Then what do I do> Fill the thing with????

Really simple setup.

-Rinse skimmer and collection cup out with warm water. NO SOAP!!!
-Attach pump to grey pipe sticking out front of skimmer. You may need a small piece of flexible hose and clamps to attach the two, I do not have a Pro so I am not sure. With my standard Remora, it came with this piece of hose and two clamps.
-Put skimmer cup all the way down into the skimmer by raising the O-ring around the cup.
-Stick skimmer on tank.
-Plug in pump, skimmer will fill itself with water and start dumping water back into the tank
-DONE!

Now, just sit tight and wait a while. In the next few hours to possibly days, the collection cup will start filling up. Once you start getting stuff in the cup, you can raise the cup to collect less watery skimmate.

Back
Top Bottom