Help!! Shrimp confusion!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erinnh.

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey my name is erinn i have three established tanks. In my community i have some red cherry shrimp. My brother has become fascinated with my tanks and my aquascaping he recently renovated his room and now he wants a shrimp tank with no fish i wanted to know what shrimp i can put together. Ive tried to look up compatability charts and they are just confusing me more. Im the type of person that just likes lists of what i can put together that will be happy, heathy, and appealing. My brother makes good money so hes not worried about budget and he just wants to approve all ideas. I was thinking a 40 gallon planted. Pleaseeee helppp.
Op: he wants to color cordinate his room is blue red and white

Sent from my LG-D851 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Start with Neocaridinias.
Later once he learns more, if your pH allows, he can add Caridina species like Crystal Reds which won't crossbreed with the Neos.

Cross Breeding is bad because you'll often lose your colors and end up with Clear/brown wild colored Shrimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well its basically going to be my tank in his room so it looks nice i know about cross breeding i just wanted to know which can be together. He just wants it to add decoration to his room

Thanks for the advice :)

Cardina are a very tough species to start out with. So I would recommend to choose any Neocardina Species doesn't really matter what kind they are mostly the same.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom