Help! Sick gourami!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom.fish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My dwarf gourami looks horrible. He has almost like wounds on his scales and a big swollen lip.
He is ye larger fish in the tank and the tank have been established. There are 5 danios, 4 razboras, 2 bristle nose, 3 flying fox. Please help this was a gift to my mum for mothers day. Aslo he has been in the tank for 6 weeks or so and only today I have seen him like this. Here are some pics

Attachments

• image-1129295161.jpg
    image-1129295161.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 106
Oh man you may wanna take him out before you make your other fish ill it looks like a parsite not sure what maybe someone else knows but imo I would move him before you lose all of your live stock also if you have to treat him you dont want to pollute the tank with chemicals for one sick fish although me not knowing what exactly it is and how long its been in your tank you may have to treat the whole thing I am gonna look around and see what I can find on fish parasites

Thank you I hve put him in a bucket with an air rate with ye aquarium water. It does not seem to be on my other fish and it has only developed today. :/

I personally have never seen that before it looks almost burns or a rash gosh I dont know looked on the web couldnt find anything that looked like that hopefully someone else chimes in because I am not sure what to medicate the little guy with but be sure and change the water in the bucket with fresh dechlorinated water because it will get polluted quite quickly

Greenphantom said:
I personally have never seen that before it looks almost burns or a rash gosh I dont know looked on the web couldnt find anything that looked like that hopefully someone else chimes in because I am not sure what to medicate the little guy with but be sure and change the water in the bucket with fresh dechlorinated water because it will get polluted quite quickly

Have you tested your water lately? It could be ammonia burns

Ok I will change the water. No I haven't for about 2 weeks and they said that everything was perfect. I will bring water to the fish shop tommorow for the to test but I will upload a pic of my ph here you go:

Attachments

• image-1717987510.jpg
    image-1717987510.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 86
Back
Top Bottom