Help: Something is killing my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okat so this morning one of my angels died. We just found another dead angel. No signs of sickness, just dead over night. its a 60 gallon tank, fully cycled. Other tankmate ( excluding the dead) are four angela,a gourami, and a pleco

Parameters are:
Amonia - 0
nitrite - 0
nitrate - 25-30 ppm
temp - 81-82F

I lowered the temp a few degrees to see if that might help. What do I do? The only other tank that is ready is full of neons and I don't want them to get eaten.

Whats going on? I don't know what to do.

So no symptoms? None?
Are they new?
Have you tried add extra declor like stress coat?
Have you added carbon in case its a pollutant?

IMO angels are just MEAN!!
I had(HAD) 6 in my 180g and after 2 years have 1.
They kill each other?
Maybe I/you need a bigger tank if you want more then 1 or 2??

I am having the same problem with no angels and different fish. They were fine when i feed them and within 2 hours one was dead. Same thing in a different tank, 2hrs after feeding one was dead. Both were totally fine during feeding and have shown no signs of illness.

Okat so this morning one of my angels died. We just found another dead angel. No signs of sickness, just dead over night. its a 60 gallon tank, fully cycled. Other tankmate ( excluding the dead) are four angela,a gourami, and a pleco

Parameters are:
Amonia - 0
nitrite - 0
nitrate - 25-30 ppm
temp - 81-82F

I lowered the temp a few degrees to see if that might help. What do I do? The only other tank that is ready is full of neons and I don't want them to get eaten.

Whats going on? I don't know what to do.

The temp you had it at is perfectly fine, so temp isn't an issue.
Nitrate is well within safe parameters as well.
How long have you had these fish?
How were they eating?
How big are the angels and how big is the pleco? Of all the critters you list the pleco would be a prime suspect after the other angels. Every once in a while you find one that is highly aggressive. They attack by ramming into the sides of the fish.

If some other fish is killing them there should be some signs of trauma or injury, is there?

Can you tell us what food it is. Also, we're there any other symptoms like ragged fins or sores?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The food was flakes and blood worms. It had the chance to eat them but just floated and looked at the food. No trauma or injury and he was dead this morning.

Maybe your fish were in shock? Did you acclimate them when you put them in?

Yes I did. We went to return it and try to get our money back today. They would only cover the cost of the sick angel and not all the fish that died. Also when we got home our upside down catfish was dead

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

We are gonna give it a week atleast before we buy anything. I want to do a water change but I have a final due Friday so it may have to wait till then

Also now one of our surviving angels has ich. I'm calling to talk to a manager about what had happened

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be something poisen us in your water then.

Whoops... just saw the post about ich. Disregard that last comment.

Back
Top Bottom