HELP!! URGENT!! Fish Mayday!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Something is going wrong! FAST!! If I need to treat the tank I have about 30 minutes before the LFS closes. I'm on my way now just in case I get some responses.

We had this guy a few days ago

View attachment 71993

Now I have these guys.

This one jus sits at the top o the tank.

View attachment 71994

View attachment 71995

View attachment 71996

This one looks chewed up and has been hiding over here for a week.

View attachment 71997

View attachment 71998

View attachment 71999

The last 2 pics are my Moorii and I call him the pitbull of the tank. His left eye looks like its gonna pop!! It's all cloudy and looks like it has a layer of gunk over it.

Last edited:
Well the last thing you want to do is go throwing medication at the tank without knowing what's wrong.
What are your parameters like these days?
Do you suspect they are being beaten up?

Mumma.of.two said:
Well the last thing you want to do is go throwing medication at the tank without knowing what's wrong.
What are your parameters like these days?
Do you suspect they are being beaten up?

Ammonia 0

Nitrates 5.0

Nitrites 0

pH 8.2

Temp 76-78

What I'm thinking after further investigation that maybe those 2 got at it. But sure about Moorii, his eye looks like any minute it's gonna just blow up! All white and cloudy.

Convict2161 said:
Ammonia 0

Nitrates 5.0

Nitrites 0

pH 8.2

Temp 76-78

What I'm thinking after further investigation that maybe those 2 got at it. But sure about Moorii, his eye looks like any minute it's gonna just blow up! All white and cloudy.

I'd do what jeta suggested in your other thread for their injuries. As for the eye I can't see it very well from the picture. It could be from a fight or maybe popeye/bacterial infection. It would be best to QT him IMO so you can get a better look at it.

Mumma.of.two said:
I'd do what jeta suggested in your other thread for their injuries. As for the eye I can't see it very well from the picture. It could be from a fight or maybe popeye/bacterial infection. It would be best to QT him IMO so you can get a better look at it.

Gonna try. 1 problem, my Moorii knows what's up! He ain't moving anywhere so I can net him. The other 2 appear to be disorientated so maybe easier to get

mfdrookie516 said:
It's really hard to see anything from the pictures, but have you looked in to columnaris?

Not familiar but will google it. The other 2 have really white mouths, look just beat up, tired. They also have like little white spots on and around there mouth.

From reading a few sites already if it is it it says it can be caused by environmental stress so maybe the tearing down the tank and chasing fish to re home a bunch then putting tank back together and then doing a water change! Maybe I did this :(

I suck at diagnosing diseases... so this is only based on the assumption that you have pretty accurately diagnosed. Dropping the temp 6 degrees, adding aquarium salt (recommended dosage on carton), and treating with a gram negative antibiotic are the first 3 things recommended. I treated with daily 50% water changes, salt, and lower temp (added pimafix and melafix only to learn later on that likely did nothing). Took about 2 weeks for everyone to get back in shape.

I don't have aquarium salt,must have ran out or whatever. I'll have to get some tomorrow. Hopefully there gonna be ok.

Back
Top Bottom