HELP!!! White bump on dwarf gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Boy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
A small white dot appeard out of nowhere and its starting to worry me. Should I be concerned? Also he is only been here for a week.

Attachments

• tmpPhoto.jpg
    tmpPhoto.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 1522725300141.jpg
    1522725300141.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 62
I currently have 4 bronze corydoras, 1 albino corydoras, 5 zebra danios, 4 ghost shrimp, 1 mystery snail, 1 netrite snail, and the dwarf gourami. They live in a 20 gallon high, I moved the albino and one of the bronze cories from an established 10 gallon to here. I used old filter media, old decorations and added tetra safestart just in case .

My parameters are
PH: 6.0
AMMONIA: 1.0 or 2.0
NITRITE: 0
NITRATE: 20
the tank has been running for 2 weeks and 4 days
Also I have changed their water 4 days after upgrading my old tank due to ammonia, i then added more tetra safestart.

with ammonia readings of 1-2 your tank is still cycling which is going to cause all sorts of problems. Read up on fish-in cycling if you haven't done it before and do daily water changes to reduce the ammonia.

I know you said you used established media but clearly it wasn't enough so you're going to have to treat this like a fish-in cycle anyway.

Back
Top Bottom